Electrical Engineer 3
in US - WA - Snoqualmie
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
Electrical Engineer will design and implement best-in-class systems for medical devices (such as patient monitoring, telemetry or anesthesia) and be part of a world class, highly energized engineering team. Works on projects involving micro-controller, embedded platform and digital circuit design in the development of products - including system and component level design, proto-typing, simulation and component selection.
- Design and development of engineering solutions for medical device systems. Provide detailed design work, simulation and component selection to meet product performance, quality, and reliability specifications.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of embedded applications, microprocessor based instrumentation, component design including FPGA's, firmware design and development, etc., supporting the development of products.
- Develop designs to meet all product design requirements for performance, reliability and manufacturability.
- Ensure all QMS and regulatory requirements are met for assigned projects.
- Test and debug systems by evaluating and validating programs/systems and specifications for new and existing Spacelabs products.
- Regularly report on individual project status to Project and functional manager.
- Proactively provide communication, both written and verbal. Create technical and maintenance documentation as needed.
- Interface with departmental staff in Research & Development department to facilitate the completion of project tasks by providing technical support to in-house personnel.
- Work with external suppliers and internal operations engineering on design for manufacturability and testability.
- Conduct FMEA, Reliability analysis, and Hazard analysis on new designs.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- BS in Engineering (EE) with 5+ years of experience in high technology product development.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience in successfully developing medical devices preferred.
- Experience with microprocessor based instrumentation and digital electronic design.
- Experience with simulation tools and methods to optimize and verify designs.
- Experience planning and conducting rigorous design of experiments and tests to validate designs.
- Experience with analog circuits and DC-DC converters
- Experience with design of high-density multi-layer PC boards, ASICS and FPGA.
- Demonstrated skills in ability to meet project deliverables
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.