Field Service Engineer Apprenticeship
in US - PA - Pittsburgh
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
Our Field Service Engineer is responsible for quality service of Spacelabs products and for customer satisfaction within an assigned territory. Excellent technical and communication skills are needed to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Requires people who can work well without close supervision, are self-starters, can independently manage time/schedule. The FSE must possess analytical/technical abilities and basic business acumen and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Install and relocate Spacelabs products in accordance with policies, procedures and approved technical documents and publications.
- Install approved equipment upgrades and modifications as required in accordance with procedure and QMS requirements.
- Perform all assigned PM's, PA's and remedial maintenance and provide necessary records to hospitals and Regional Service Manager. Act as liaison with technical support for product introduction, evaluation, and major troubleshooting assignments.
- Respond to all assigned customer service calls and apply corporate policy guidelines.
- Support Regional Service Manager and region in achieving assigned Operating profit goals, including by promoting sales of service contracts, billable services, and Spacelab’s products and offerings.
- Prepare service Contract Quotes in coordination with RSM and Contract Administration.
- Support sales efforts by assisting with equipment demonstrations and clinical evaluations.
- Assist sales with pre-sale configurations and consultation as required.
- Submit accurate and complete reports in a timely manner regarding expenses, timecards and service reports.
- Provide assistance in OJT training of all regional new hires; responsible for mentoring new FSEs as required.
- Successfully complete all Spacelabs Product training; seeking out new training to keep up with technology as it changes.
- Control and maintain assigned Spacelabs assets in accordance with policies and directions.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Associate of Science Degree in electronics or a related technical discipline; or equivalent technical training from an accredited program in biomedical, electronic or computer technology; or equivalent military training and/or experience.
- Proficient computer skills including networking, Microsoft Windows 2000, XP operating systems. Also application specific proficiency on Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office products.
- Must become fully competent in the application and operation of all products in all care areas.
- This is a regional position requiring a significant amount of driving. This position requires the ability to possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
OTHER WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of Spacelabs training required (including training done at Company location). Must become fully competent in the application and operation of assigned products.
- Work various shifts as deemed necessary for successful installation and training.
- Required to register with a vendor credentialing service. As part of this process, s/he may be required to submit personal information to a credentialing service company, provide proof of vaccinations or related medical information, and comply with other requirements needed to be able to work at customer healthcare site.
- Use of computer: 15%
- Domestic Travel: 75%
- May be required to complete US federal background check and requirements for access to US government facilities; terms of federal contracts require US citizenship - dual citizenship is prohibited.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.