Manufacturing Associate III
in US - WA - Snoqualmie
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
Manufacturing Associate will work under Demand Flow Manufacturing and be responsible for assembling and packaging of products in an FDA and ISO regulated environment. Process environment requires precision, organization, attention to detail and compliance with quality system requirements. Job requires basic knowledge of assembly and equipment. Familiarity with IPC-610 standards is a plus.
- Follow directions instructions at all times. Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English (typically related to safety, quality, manufacturing processes).
- Perform assembly and packaging operations based on written specifications.
- Perform audit of individual workstation and tool calibration.
- Work on-line where tasks vary as different models move along the line.
- Notify management regarding problems with the assembly or packaging process.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Keep tools and equipment in clean, orderly condition daily.
- Follow inventory programs (in-process kanban) as specified. Assist in performing parts counts in the production/stockroom to maintain accuracy with inventory.
- Good use of hand tools such as: torque drives, needle nose pliers, screwdrivers, cutters, tweezers, scissors, extractor knives, tape guns, etc.
- Ensure quality; look for ways to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the organization's systems, processes and tools.
- Assist in training manufacturing process to other associates as required.
- Cross train within the department to learn other skills and work processes.
- Use various cleaning solvents such as flux off 2000, alcohol, to clean assemblies as specified in documentation.
- Understand assembly and materials process flow by utilizing the MFG/Pro database.
- Verify all documentation prior to performing any operation to ensure documents are to latest revision in Agile Database
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing expected results as instructed.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business
- High school diploma or equivalent, for the purpose of interpreting work instructions.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to effectively communicate in English – follow instructions, relay information, provide feedback and respond to questions both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Demand Base Flow Manufacturing preferable.
- Must have the ability to create and maintain productive working relationships within the work team and with other functions.
- Ability to collaborate with peers to achieve shared departmental goals.
- Ability to cross-train other team members as needed.
- Good mechanical aptitude, dexterity and hand/eye coordination. Must be able to reach, bend and lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis each day.
- Available to work OT when required.
- Organized approach and able to perform work as instructed.
- Good quality and safety work habits.
- Basic computer skills required (including Word, Excel).
- Use of computer: 25%
- Good vision and color perception due to close, exacting work and color coding of materials
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.