Senior Manager Operational Excellence
in US - WA - Snoqualmie
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The Senior Manager Operational Excellence is a key business partner to the Operations team, who drives efficiencies and improvements throughout operational areas. Effectively uses influence management and is change leader who can work cross-functionally to make a difference.
- Contribute to business operations strategy development. Help to create the future state as it relates to manufacturing strategies, cross functional processes, shortened value streams and the establishment of uniform policies and procedures and enhancing organizational effectiveness to achieve business goals.
- Assess current processes and standard work flows to identify process improvement opportunities, utilizing organizational, analytical, Lean and six sigma problem solving methodologies.
- Think strategically to anticipate future issues and challenges to create appropriate plans now, using proactive approaches.
- Use analytical capability to probe systemic issues to root cause.
- Develop and execute action plans to mitigate, close and/or eliminate issues, and to create efficiencies.
- Responsible for the identification, management and execution of projects which will deliver operational improvement and business continuity.
- Drive lean manufacturing principles, visual management and data understanding throughout Operations. Implement methodologies, standards, documentation, and processes that ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements.Act as a change agent to grow a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and ownership,
- Create and manage meaningful metrics to uncover areas for improvement, to measure and communicate project priorities, and to track impact of process changes.
- Mentor/train key stakeholders in the use and practice of continuous improvement methodologies and tools. (such as Lean, value stream mapping, six sigma, Kaizen)
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct. Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the Company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- Manage, evaluate and develop team of employees to meet functional deliverables and responsibilities. Complete company people management requirements. Exhibit manager core competencies.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or related field; or 4 years related experience
- 8+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience working in medical device or highly regulated industry required.
- 4+ years of leading people and teams
- Expert in LSS methodologies, problem solving techniques, DMAIC, DMADV, DFSS, DMEDI, and DFMA. Advanced analytical skills
- Have good working knowledge of ERP systems
- Past success with delivering results through others, both direct and matrixed. Proven ability to lead, develop, motivate and hold others accountable. Able to solicit the cooperation of a diverse group of disciplines and functions in a tactful and persuasive manner.
- Ability to make critical decisions in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities within demanding timeframes. Strong facilitating and project management skills.
- Has effectively lead change and acceptance of new methods and perspectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be able to complete job responsibilities working with different time zone needs such as attending late night/early morning meetings by phone and/or web to meet business needs; 15%
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.