Senior Program Manager - Software Development
in US - WA - Snoqualmie
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission - to develop innovative medical systems and services that provide patient monitoring, anesthesia delivery and ventilation, and cardiology diagnostics to clinicians and healthcare facilities around the world.
Our Mission: To inspire the world to bring the best care experience to patients and families. One patient, one family, one smile at a time.
Software program management at Spacelabs sits at the intersection of marketing and customer needs, product engineering and process compliance. The software program management team manages the planning and execution of product development and maintenance across the portfolio. They define requirements, schedules and ensure regulatory requirements are met. They drive product delivery by coordinating with Global Operations, Global Service, Global Marketing and Global Regulatory and Quality Assurance groups enabling Spacelabs to accomplish its goals of delivering the highest quality of patient care.
- Develop product requirements, functional specifications, schedules, and risk analyses for software products. Work with product management to prioritize features and technical improvements, and build these into a release.
- Work with development leads and architects to ensure that the software is of high quality and does not suffer from excessive technical debt.
- Manage the development of required plans and documentation for all application software development activities.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver on the requirements, with a constant focus on delivering high-quality software that meet customer expectations and are fully compliant with government regulations across our customer base, including FDA, CSA, EU, CFDA and others. Ensure development methods leading to high quality products are followed.
- Build, drive, and support cross functional teams through the development process. Set expectations, and lead project delivery skill-building within the team members.
- Continuously seek innovative ways to improve development productivity through the introduction of new technologies, systems, and methods and controls.
- Develop metrics to monitor key projects. Eliminate barriers, escalate issues as appropriate and provide visibility into development status for other stakeholders. Provide frequent communications and formal project reviews with senior management, program team and others as required.
- Negotiate schedule, risk, product features and resource trade-offs with project and program teams.
- Demonstrate and teach to engineers the Spacelabs processes and good design/test/documentation practices.
- Establish all QMS and regulatory requirements for the development project and ensure they are met.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct. Ensure that team members (direct or indirect reports) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the Company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar related degree; or closely related experience. Master’s degree is desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience of application software development and program management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing complex software development projects within demanding timeframes desired. Solid understanding of the development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Knowledge of FDA and medical device regulatory and registration requirements, or work in a similarly regulated industry is desirable.
- Experience required with: networking architecture and protocols; and developing globalized and localized products.
- Demonstrated track record of encouraging innovation and out-of-box thinking.
- Highly developed relationship-building skills, and strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results through others, both in direct and matrixed organizational models.
- Proven ability to lead dedicated, passionate teams, including an ability to motivate and hold others accountable.
- Experience in specifying and shipping software for use in cloud environments is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a global corporate environment is required.
- Must travel internationally and be able to acquire all necessary travel documents. Travel up to 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.