Senior Software Development Engineer
in US - WA - Snoqualmie
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The Senior Software Development Engineer works to develop software technologies for medical devices. Must be proactive, with great communication skills, demonstrate attention to detail, have a passion for technology, and an excitement to produce great products. Areas of expertise that are needed are C++/C#, user interfaces, object oriented design, and development and distributed systems network programming. Must be comfortable in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Find creative solutions from broadly defined problems or directives.
- Requirements analysis and generation.
- Lead software design efforts.
- Own technical reviews of project software deliverables
- Create and test quality software personally and as part of a team.
- Cultivate and maintain knowledge of system hardware/software interaction.
- Mentor other software engineers.
- Ensure that all project tasks and deliverables from team conform to company processes and procedures, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the on-time delivery of project software deliverables..
- Uphold Spacelabs values of Customer Obsession, Ownership Mindset and Superior Results.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience; Masters preferred
- 10+ years of experience in software development is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in at least one mainstream object oriented language and UI framework (e.g., C++, C#, WPF).
- Experience with user interface development.
- Experience shows the ability to independently accomplish assigned tasks and work with others is required, as is a good documentation discipline.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Experience with Distributed Systems and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Familiarity with system test automation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver robust and reliable mission critical production software.
- Knowledge of design patterns that promote decoupled and testable modules of code.
- Must be able to independently accomplish assigned design and implementation tasks and work with others as required.
- Experience working positively and productively in a team environment/ highly collaborative.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.