Software Development Engineer 3
in US - WA - Snoqualmie
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The primary role of the Software Development Engineer will be to develop and support mobile and cloud applications for Patient Monitoring using Java and Android technologies. Responsibilities include involvement in all stages of the development life cycle, from initial concept generation through to final deliver and support. Participates as a high level technical expert in: planning, designing, developing, coding and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software. These efforts will support a distributed patient monitoring system.
- Design and develop robust software applications/automation/test tools, with only moderate supervision.
- Must consistently demonstrate good documentation discipline, and meet medical device QMS and regulatory requirements. Designs must be documented.
- Create software for testing and product release. Complete unit test and debug production software.
- Complete assigned tasks on-time and in accordance with the appropriate process, including all QMS and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively estimate time and effort on projects and tasks.
- Participate in and/or lead software design efforts and design reviews.
- Find creative solutions to moderately defined problems or directives.
- Ensure all software designed and implemented is also automated (unit/integration testing).
- Proactively communicate inside and outside the development team.
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years software development experience required (Level determined by overall relevant experience; including min 3+ for level 2, 5+ level 3). Fluent in at least one mainstream object oriented language (e.g. Java, C++, C#).
- Experience developing mobile applications for Android/ and or iOS.
- Experience with embedded Linux and device drivers highly desirable.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Experience working with distributed systems and service oriented architectures.
- Experience designing for system test automation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver robust and reliable mission critical production software.
- Must be able to independently accomplish assigned design and implementation tasks and work with others as required.
- Experience working positively and productively in a team environment. Highly collaborative.
- May be assigned to a project or team, requiring additional duties and experience as defined by the manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.